Always wash hands before removing bandage, cleaning, or applying lotion to your tattoo.
The first film application should stay in place for 24 hours, depending on level of exudation. It is normal for blood and fluids to collect under the bandage.
A second application can be used for several days, and a third application may be used if necessary. Gently clean and dry the area between applications. Do not wear any piece longer than one week.
Directions for Removal:
Gently peel the film by pulling it slowly from the edge back over itself. Do not pull the bandage outward.
If the film is difficult to remove, let some warm water run under the tattoo film, so that the adhesive becomes tender and removal of the film is easier.
When removing the film, make sure to carefully wash the area with antibacterial soap and water, and gently dry the tattoo.
- Remove the bandage no later than two hours after completion of the tattoo. Then immediately wash the tattoo with antibacterial soap and water.
- Gently wash your tattoo again before bedtime.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat or air dry.
- The next evening start gently applying white, non-scented hand lotion to the tattoo.
- Apply a thin layer of lotion 1 to 3 times per day.
- Avoid unnecessary touching of your tattoo.
- Do not scrub or scratch it. Wear clean and soft clothing. Stay away from sun, sauna, steam, swimming pools, or tub.
- Showers are fine, but do not soak that tattoo or leave it submerged in water.
- Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
Every person’s skin is different and every tattoo is different. Aftercare may prove to be difficult sometimes. And problems may arise. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.